CTS is accepting applications for concrete finishers for projects in the Pittsburgh area. By joining the CTS team, you become a member of a time-honored corps of the construction tradesmen. CTS recognizes the skills you have to offer as well as those skills that are in demand. We are not only looking to build lifelong relationships with you, but with your family as well. We treat our all tradesmen with the respect and dignity that they deserve, and appreciate the sacrifices that they make on a daily basis.
As a concrete finisher, you will smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels, and screeds.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Levels, smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- May sprinkle colored stone chips, powered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- May produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- May mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- May direct subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms, performing duties as described under Group Leader.
- May specialize in finishing steps and steps and stairways and be designated as Step Finisher.
- May break up and repair old concrete surfaces, using pneumatic tools.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We are looking for those team members that possess the following traits:
- Great attitude
- Committed to safety
- Committed to being drug free
- Valid driver’s license with transportation
Along with being one of the most reliable sources for steady construction employment, we also provide:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Education
- Continued Safety Program
- Tool Purchase Program
- Safety Equipment
- Referral Bonus
Benefits do vary by state