We are currently accepting applications for experienced pre-engineered metal building erectors for projects in the Pittsburgh area. By joining the CTS team, you become a member of a time-honored corps of the construction tradesmen. CTS recognizes the skills you have to offer as well as those skills that are in demand. We are not only looking to build lifelong relationships with you, but with your family as well. We treat our all tradesmen with the respect and dignity that they deserve, and appreciate the sacrifices that they make on a daily basis.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns and other construction materials to form buildings and other structures.
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operations of cranes and move structural steel and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams and girders.
- Drill holes in steel for bolts.
- Number steel according to assembly instructions.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Bolt or weld pieces into place.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
- Utilize hand tools and small power tools and performs minor maintenance as required.
- Prepare material prior to assembly.
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms and operate them.
- Attach cable to steel members and level using transits, laser levels, etc.
- Install fiberglass building insulation, metal cladding, standing seam roofs.
- Install insulated metal panels, windows, passage doors and framed opening.
- Install gutters, downspouts and all necessary trim to enclose a building to weather-tightness as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Ability to instruct and direct the work of the labor force on each project.
- Ability to maintain simple accurate records.
- Skill in the use and care of hand and power tools associated with the work, including the ability to determine the kinds of tools needed to complete the task.
- Advanced knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to work in a safe and productive way. 5+ years pre-engineered metal building experience.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and clear driving record.
- PEMB Installation: 5 year
Required license or certification
- OSHA 10-hr Construction Card
Along with being one of the most reliable sources for steady construction employment, we also provide:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Continued Safety Program
- Tool Purchase Program
- Safety Equipment
- Referral Bonus
**Benefits do vary by state
For further information, please contact the CTS office at 412-346-4508
50 Abele Road Ste 1002
Bridgeville, PA 15017