As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of construction contract labor, Commercial Trade Source (CTS) is currently expanding our field team by accepting applications for HVAC Plant Operators in the Hartford area. The plant operator is accountable for independently performing a full range of duties in the power plant. Multiple positions working 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. Located in the Hartford and New Britain CT areas.
Along with steady work year-round, we also offer:
- Health / Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays / Vacations.
- Overtime Opportunities.
- Prevailing Wage Opportunities.
- Paid Apprentice Programs.
- Continued Safety Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Safety Education Programs
CTS is the partner-of-choice for many of the top construction companies across the United States. CTS not only partnered with some of the industry giants, but also supports small and medium businesses across the country from our different regional offices. CTS is a family-owned company, and our primary goal is building lasting relationships — with contractors, industry partners, and our employees.
CTS has been long considered to be one of the most successful construction contract labor companies in the nation. CTS has been awarded by the Associated Builders and Contractors with prestigious Trolson Image Award, and has also been selected as a top place to work in 2020 and 2021. Due to its dedicated staff and strong field team, CTS has built a strong reputation and an extensive network of contractor relationships that keeps our field team employed all year long.
Responsibilities of the HVAC Plant Operators include, but not limited to:
- Performs highly skilled duties to ensure safe operation of multiple power plant equipment for economic and efficient production of high pressure steam, electrical power and chilled water to meet energy needs
- Tours plant to observe operation of equipment and detect faulty or erratic operation of systems such as reciprocating engines, boilers, steam absorption chillers, electric chillers, pumping systems, large motors, cooling towers, medium voltage switch gear systems
- uses visual and audio observation to monitor vendor and manufacturer calibrated settings in accordance with state and federal regulations
- records performance indicators on log deficiency report
- makes preventive maintenance repairs such as changing fan belts, valves, gauges, greasing of motors and minor plumbing
- samples and performs a chemical test to eliminate hardness in water
- cleans pumps, applies lock out tag out procedure when necessary, adds sand to tower water filters; replaces filters
- compares logged deficiencies with distributed control system pre-set control points in control software in control room, makes adjustments to control system's set points for proper equipment performance
- makes adjustments to maintain electrical production to a defined kilowatt measurement to minimize commercial power consumption
- monitors control system for necessary production process control and performance, refers to defined ranges set by vendor and in accordance with state and federal regulations
- detects faulty and erratic equipment operations through improper reads on display screens and responds to equipment site to diagnose and repair equipment problem; contacts supervisor and or outside vendor to repair as appropriate or to follow power outage procedures
- monitors energy management system for building environmental controls. records critical data and contacts appropriate trade worker for repairs
- takes general maintenance phone calls and directs calls to appropriate trade worker and completes work orders if necessary; performs related duties as required
We are looking for those team members that possess the following traits:
- Have minimum three (3) years of experience in a utility plant or industrial setting including the operation, maintenance and repair of high-pressure steam boilers, chillers or other mechanical equipment.
- Valid driver's license.
- S2 or OE2 license.
Along with being one of the most reliable sources for steady construction employment, we also provide:
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacations.
- Continued Safety Program.
- Tool Purchase Program.
- Safety Equipment.
- Referral Bonus.
*Benefits do vary by state*
For further information, please contact CTS-Indiana at 317-377-1988 or apply online www.commercialtradesource.com
3924 Pendleton Way
Indianapolis, IN 46226
As an award-winning construction contract labor company, CTS is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. CTS creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.