As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of construction contract labor, Commercial Trade Source (CTS) is currently expanding our field team by accepting applications for millwright mechanic / welder in the Pittsburgh area. Along with steady work year-round, we also offer:
- Health / Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays / Vacations.
- Overtime Opportunities.
- Prevailing Wage Opportunities.
- Paid Apprentice Programs.
- Continued Safety Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Safety Education Programs
CTS is the partner-of-choice for many of the top construction companies across the United States. CTS not only partnered with some of the industry giants, but also supports small and medium businesses across the country from our different regional offices. CTS is a family-owned company, and our primary goal is building lasting relationships — with contractors, industry partners, and our employees.
CTS has been long considered to be one of the most successful construction contract labor companies in the nation. CTS has been awarded by the Associated Builders and Contractors with prestigious Trolson Image Award, and has also been selected as a top place to work in 2020 and 2021. Due to its dedicated staff and strong field team, CTS has built a strong reputation and an extensive network of contractor relationships that keeps our field team employed all year long.
Responsibilities of the millwright include, but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot/ diagnose equipment failure and carryout repairs.
- Work around and in close proximity of rotating (operating) equipment in order to diagnose suspected probable failures.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance to reduce down time.
- Install and dismantle machinery and equipment according to plans which involves working at heights, climbing ladders and using mobile equipment.
- Determining parts required for repairs and replacement.
- Operate mobile equipment used in the repair, installation or fabrication of equipment including but not limited to lathes, welders, milling machine, drills, grinders, hammers, wrenches, blow torches and other variety of power tools.
- Inspect, remove, replace drive components (bearings, couplings, sheaves, reducers, gearboxes).
- Inspect, remove, replace pumps, compressors, valves, etc.
- Inspect, remove, repair, replace conveyor systems, screws, air slides, belts, elevators, pneumatic systems, chains, etc.
- Rigging and align equipment.
- Maintain/repair dust collector systems.
- Rebuild equipment (compressors, gearing carriers, and housings, coal mill assemblies, reducers, etc.)
We are looking for those team members that possess the following traits:
- Must have millwright / welding experience.
- Detail oriented. Welders, cutters, soldering, and brazening perform precision work, often with straight edges and minimal flaws.
- Expected to be able to work independently and with others depending on scope of work.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret two- and three-dimensional diagrams in order to fit metal products correctly
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and other field employees.
- Must be able to perform general physical activities common to the millwright trade.
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Conceptualize concepts easily and visualize potential outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about technological developments.
- Great attitude.
- Committed to safety.
- Committed to being drug free.
- Valid driver’s license with transportation.
Along with being one of the most reliable sources for steady construction employment, we also provide:
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacations.
- Continued Safety Program.
- Tool Purchase Program.
- Safety Equipment.
- Referral Bonus.
*Benefits do vary by state*
For further information, please contact the CTS office at 412-346-4508 or apply online at www.commercialtradesource.com
50 Abele Road Ste 1002
Bridgeville, PA 15017
As an award-winning construction contract labor company, CTS is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. CTS creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.