As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of construction contract labor, Commercial Trade Source (CTS) is currently expanding our field team by accepting applications for pipe insulator in the Eight Four area. Along with steady work year-round, we also offer:
- Health / Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays / Vacations.
- Overtime Opportunities.
- Prevailing Wage Opportunities.
- Paid Apprentice Programs.
- Continued Safety Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Safety Education Programs
CTS is the partner-of-choice for many of the top construction companies across the United States. CTS not only partnered with some of the industry giants, but also supports small and medium businesses across the country from our different regional offices. CTS is a family-owned company, and our primary goal is building lasting relationships — with contractors, industry partners, and our employees.
CTS has been long considered to be one of the most successful construction contract labor companies in the nation. CTS has been awarded by the Associated Builders and Contractors with prestigious Trolson Image Award, and has also been selected as a top place to work in 2020 and 2021. Due to its dedicated staff and strong field team, CTS has built a strong reputation and an extensive network of contractor relationships that keeps our field team employed all year long.
Responsibilities of the Pipe Insulator include, but not limited to:
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Remove or seal off old insulation, following safety procedures.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation, thermal and fire, on industrial and domestic equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, pipework and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Select appropriate insulation, thermal and fire, such as mineral wool, fiberglass, foams or other materials based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with covers of metallic or nonmetallic, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Working with tools and machinery used in the trade
We are looking for those team members that possess the following traits:
- Minimum of Two (2) years pipe insulator experience.
- Proficiency in the basic skills of cutting, fitting and installing heavy industrial pipe insulation.
- Possesses a basic knowledge and understanding of insulation materials, supports, moisture barriers and jackets commonly used to insulate pipe and equipment.
- Must have experience working with aluminum and/or PVC jacketing.
- Knowledge of the various methods used to install and repair insulation and the components of insulation systems.
- Ability to read and interpret the drawings and specifications as they pertain to insulation.
- Possesses current knowledge of insulation and craftsman practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of safe mechanical practices.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment.
- Expected to be able to work independently and with others depending on scope of work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and other field employees.
- Great attitude.
- Committed to safety.
- Committed to being drug free.
- Valid driver’s license with transportation.
Along with being one of the most reliable sources for steady construction employment, we also provide:
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacations.
- Continued Safety Program.
- Tool Purchase Program.
- Safety Equipment.
- Referral Bonus.
*Benefits do vary by state*
For further information, please contact the CTS office at 412-346-4508 or apply online at www.commercialtradesource.com
50 Abele Road Ste 1002
Bridgeville, PA 15017
As an award-winning construction contract labor company, CTS is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. CTS creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law